Saturday 8 August 2015

BREASTFEEDING IS NOT A CHOICE ITS AN RESPONSIBILITY. . . . .!!


A newborn baby has only three demands.  They are warmth in the arms of its mother, food from her breasts, and security in the knowledge of her presence.  Breastfeeding satisfies all three.   ~Grantly Dick-Read
Breastfeeding is an instinctual and natural act,but it is also an art that is learned day by day.It is almost always simply a matter of practical knowledge and not a question of good luck.  
And  here i did a small study(though not an proper planned study method)  about how many mommies know about this art and how many of them have practiced this art in a very fair manner. . . . . .   SURPRISINGLY!! the result i got astonished me. . .yaa in my study where i considere almost 28 mommies only about 10% of them knew that breastfeeding can be (or its better if i tell should be) done for 2 years  . . .and only about 20% knew that the first and the only best food for the baby is her breast milk. . . 
we tried our best to explain those moms and create awareness among them. .  .
And for this programme that we did i would like to thank all my classmates who participated and  my friend sagar m.s. who helped me to edit and of all mainly Dr.vinayak who gave me an oppertunity to execute my idea. . .                           

No comments:

Post a Comment